Monday, May 21, 2012

After Reading Question #2

What questions do you have about Project Based Learning?

3 comments:

  1. The concern I have is the number of hours devoted to each project. In 6th grade Latin we only have 3 classes a week. If I plan on preparing the students for the March Latin exam, I cannot devote 10 hours to a project. Mine are generally limited to three forty-five minute sessions which do not include presentations. The same is true for French.Although we have daily classes, covering all aspects of our curriculum is already challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about allowing some of the project based learning to go on at home? Instead of assigning "typical" homework the week of the project we could make deadlines and have students turn in parts of the project all week. Is it still project based learning if students have to do some of the chunks of work at home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good discussion question for tomorrow's meeting.

    ReplyDelete